For Information: 330-348-4000
For Information: 330-348-4000
Veteran Canine Connection (VCC), a 501(c)(3) corporation is committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of personal information collected from any individuals who is interested in the mission of VCC.
PERSONAL AND OTHER INFORMATION COLLECTED BY PETS
VCC requests personal information that is voluntarily provided by anyone interested in obtaining our services to help them find a companion dog, or to assist them in training their current dog. Personal information may include:
· Your name, mailing address, and/or email address
· Specific information pertaining to your place of residence
· Names and ages of people living with you.
· Telephone number
· Date of birth
· History with Pets
· Animal ownership/interest preferences
· Photographs and/or stories about pet ownership, if provided by you
· Proof of Military and/or Veteran Status (including any information contained on your military ID, Proof of Discharge, or other identifying documentation)
Personal information will be collected, used and disclosed in accordance with the form of consent required by applicable law and its use will be limited to the objectives for which it was collected as described herein. The form of your consent can vary from implied consent to express consent, depending upon the circumstances and the sensitivity of the type of information collected. We will rely on implied consent when we can reasonably conclude that you have given your consent by your action (ie: by giving your name and contact information to an animal shelter staff member so they will allow you to evaluate one of their dogs)
VCC collects personal information for one or more of the following reasons:
1. To provide you with information or services you have requested.
2. To understand your lifestyle so a companion dog will seamlessly fit into your current home environment and family.
3. To develop and encourage public support for the VCC mission, by posting photographs and testimonials approved by you.
4. To determine your eligibility for our VCC program.
WHAT KIND OF PERSONAL INFORMATION DOES PETS DISCLOSE, TO WHOM AND WHY?
Pets may disclose your personal information to third parties as follows:
1. VCC may use outside organizations to perform specialized services such as veterinarians, humane societies, shelters, animal boarding services, etc. These service providers are only given the information needed to perform those services and they are bound contractually to protect the privacy and security of your information and to limit the use of your information to the service being provided.
2. To Third Parties in the Event of Legal Reasons: We advise you that we may disclose personal information to the government or other legal or regulatory authorities (i) if so ordered by a court of law, or (ii) for other legal reasons, such as (a) to comply with legal process such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order; (b) to protect VCC’s rights and property; (c) to investigate reports of fraud or of Users sending material using a false email address or Users sending harassing, threatening, or abusive messages; (d) to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our Website; or (e) in emergencies, such as when we believe someone’s physical safety is at risk. In some cases, disclosure may be required by law to be without notice to you.
HOW LONG DOES VCC RETAIN PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We keep your information for a period reasonably necessary to meet the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with any legal requirements, including statutory retention periods. When your personal information is no longer required for a specific purpose or legal requirement, it will be erased from our records.
WHAT SECURITY MEASURES DOES VCC HAVE IN PLACE TO SAFEGUARD PERSONAL INFORMATION?
VCC has implemented physical, electronic and administrative measures to protect your information from error, loss or unauthorized access. For example, we use industry-standard efforts, such as passwords and firewalls, to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information contained on our computer systems. In addition, all employees and third parties we use have restricted access to only the information needed to carry out the identified purpose.
Non-personal or aggregated information is information that cannot be associated with or traced back to a specific person. When Users browse our Website, for example, we gather information about the number of Users who are viewing each page so that we can learn what features generate the most interest. We also use this data, both aggregated and personally identifiable, to personalize and enhance your onsite experience by displaying content that we believe will be of interest to you and to deliver content that is specific to your interest. We may disclose anonymous, aggregated information about our Website to third parties.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
Users may, through hypertext or other computer “links,” gain access to other websites on the Internet which are not operated or monitored by VCC. VCC is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by VCC of the website or content linked to. VCC ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY MATERIAL OUTSIDE OF THE WEBSITE OPERATED BY VCC, INCLUDING ANY WEBSITE WHICH MAY BE ACCESSED THROUGH A LINK ON A VCC OPERATED WEBSITE. Unless otherwise indicated at a VCC operated website, VCC is not sponsored by or affiliated with the linked website, and trademarks used in connection with linked website are not trademarks of VCC. VCC specifically disclaims responsibility for any inadvertent viewing by a minor of any material intended for adults on a website accessed through use of a linked website.
HOW TO CONTROL HOW YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED, USED AND DISCLOSED
You have control over how we collect, use and disclose your personal information. Any comments, questions or changes regarding the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information shall be directed to a VCC representative, as described below.
A request for a copy of the personal information we keep about you, depending on the laws of your state, must be made in writing giving details with which VCC can identify you. Information will be furnished in accordance with applicable law.